Opening Times and prices for Visits 2019
The house is open on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons in June, July and August.
The house is also open on Bank Holiday Mondays: Easter Monday 22 April, 6 May, 27 May, and 26 August
When the house is open, the garden and tea room are also open.
However, please note that there are additional opportunities to walk in the garden and enjoy delicious homebaking in the tea room - please keep reading!
All visits to the house are by guided tours either at 2.30pm or 3.30pm
The Coach Hall tea room is open from 2-5pm
Inclusive price for the House & Garden - £9.00
Garden only £4.50
There is no admission charge for children to the house or garden.
The garden and the Coach Hall tea room are open on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons (2-5pm) from Easter right through until the end of September - and also on bank holiday Mondays.
Price for a garden only ticket is £4.50 and children are free.
Season Tickets for the Gardens are available at £7.50 for a single ticket, which you can use all season long! You can buy these on any open day or contact the estate office on 01392 860860 for more detail.
Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome in the gardens.
We also offer:
Special Open Days at Fursdon 2-5pm
- Bluebell Sunday 28th April from 2pm to 5pm. House (with guided tours as for normal open days), garden and tea room open. Additional walks in the bluebell woods.
- Bees and Meadows Monday 27 May from 2pm to 5pm. House (with guided tours as for normal open days), garden and tea room open. Additional walks in the Meadows.
- Trees and Woods Sunday 30 June 2pm to 5pm. House (with guided tours as for normal open day), garden and tea rooms open. Tree walks (in conjunction with The Woodland Trust).
Normal garden entry applies on these days and guided tours of the house are available for our normal entry charge.
National Garden Scheme charity weekend opening 2-5pm
- Saturday 8 June and Sunday 9 June
- Garden entry applies and proceeds from this go to the NGS charities. Guided tours of the house are available on these days for our normal charge.
Hospiscare charity opening 2-5pm
- Weds 12 June - the house is open for guided tours as it is a normal open afternoon. Tea room also open.
- All garden proceeds will be given to Hospiscare.
Gardening for Disabled Trust charity opening 2-5pm
- Weds 19 June - the house is open for guided tours as it is a normal open afternoon. Tea room also open.
- 50% of garden proceeds will be given to the Gardening for Disabled Trust.
Group visits to Fursdon House
Please contact us as these must be booked in advance and are encouraged on days when the house is not open to the public. We can, though, sometimes manage small groups on our normal open days - please ask us! For 2019 we can only offer group visits up to the end of June and in September - so no groups in July and August this year. Please ring the office (01392 860860) to discuss your requirements
Pricing for groups of 20 or more people:
- House & Garden: Adults - £8.50
- Garden only: £4.00